This recipe is for a warm rice pudding with fresh fruit.
Golden Treasure Pudding
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 cup medium grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 or 2 tablespoons diced crystallized ginger
- 1/2 cup diced fresh mango
- 1/2 cup diced fresh pineapple
- toasted coconut, optional for garnish
- diced mango, optional for garnish
In a medium saucepan, bring water, rice, and butter to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
Stir in the milk, coconut milk, sugar, and ginger. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until milk is absorbed and the rice is creamy, about 15 to 20 additional minutes.
Stir in the diced mango and pineapple. Spoon into serving dishes and sprinkle with toasted coconut and diced mango, if desired. Serve warm.