This simple recipe is an appetizer incorporating the sweet and sour flavors without a heavy, sugar-laden sauce. You could also add white rice or fried rice to make a meal.
Sweet and Sour Stir Fried Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon minced or grated fresh ginger root
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and de-veined
Using a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add in the celery, bell pepper, onion, and ginger. Stir fry 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in soy sauce, lemon juice, and sugar. Cook, while stirring, 1 minute.
Add shrimp and stir fry until the shrimp are pink and tender, about 3 minutes.