This is a quick and easy stir fry recipe adapted from a magazine. It’s a good “symbolic” dish for Chinese New Year, since the ingredients are cut into long strips which symbolize long life.
Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce or 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup roasted cashews
- hot cooked rice, for serving
- coarsely chopped cilantro, for garnish
Cut the chicken into 1/2-inch slices, then into 1 1/2-inch strips. Toss chicken with the ginger in a small bowl.
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add chicken strips and stir fry 2 minutes. Add red bell pepper and stir fry an additional 4 minutes so that the chicken is cooked through.
Add teriyaki sauce and stir another minute. Stir in the cashews.
Serve over rice and garnish with cilantro.