This stir-fry is meant to be a side dish, but it would also work very well as a vegetarian meal.
Japanese Vegetable Stir-Fry
6 to 8 Side Dish Portions
Time to Make
- 15 minutes of preparation
- 15 minutes to cook
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into thin julienne strips
- 2 carrots, cut into thin julienne strips
- 1 kabocha squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into thin julienne strips
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in onions and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in zucchini, carrots, and squash. Cook a minute while stirring.
- Stir in the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and sesame seeds. Cook. stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Season with pepper and serve immediately.