This is a very simple Filipino noodle stir fry type dish.
6-8 Main Course
Time to Make
- 20 minutes to prep
- 40 minutes to cook
- 1/2 pound rice noodles
- 1/2 pound vermicelli
- 2 cups sliced mixed veggies: cabbage, carrots, bell peppers, and green onions
- 1/2 pound lean pork, cut into very small pieces
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 onion, minced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups chicken broth, or try pork broth or a mix of chicken and beef
- Soak the vermicelli noodles in water to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a wok or Dutch oven, brown the pork in oil over medium heat. Stir in the soy sauce, garlic, and onion.
- Drain the water from the soaked vermicelli into the pan and bring to a slow simmer. Add the vegetables and cook 5 to 10 minutes. Stir in the rice noodles and soaked vermicelli. Simmer over low heat until the broth evaporates and the noodles are cooked.