Azorean Sugar Cookies
2 dozen cookies
Time to Make
- 15-20 minutes to prep dough
- Cook 7 to 10 minutes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bow, combine the sugar and cornstarch. Beat in the butter and mix until well incorporated and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between additions.
- Combine the flour and baking powder. Stir into the sugar mixture to form the dough.
- On a floured work surface, roll out the dough to about 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with a cookie cutter and place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until done, about 7 to 10 minutes. Let cool a few minutes before removing the cookies to a cooling rack.