This is almost like a Buffalo wing sandwich, but with pork. The pork is sliced thin and marinated in a hot sauce mixture. After cooking it is piled high on a crusty bun.
Bifanas (Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches)
Time to Make
- 15 minutes of preparation, plus marinating (4-12 hours)
- 20 minutes to cook
- 2 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon of a mild hot pepper sauce
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 large crusty buns
- Slice the pork into thin pieces and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic, salt, lemon and lime juices, wine, and hot sauce. Mix well and marinate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Once it starts to bubble, pour in the pork, marinade and all. Arrange the pork so that it is in one layer. Cover the skillet and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Test the pork to make sure it is tender. Add additional salt if needed.
- Pile pork on the bottom of the bun, spoon a little sauce on, then replace the top bun and serve.