This recipe is for a simple fish dish that cooks in under 30 minutes. Of course most fish dishes cook in under 30 minutes. But this is so easy because you just have to make a sauce then throw everything in the oven and voila!
Portuguese Baked Fish Fillets with Mushrooms
Time to Make
- 10 minutes to prepare the sauce
- 20 minutes to bake the fish
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 fish stock cube
- 2 fish fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 of a 14.5-ounce canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- fresh ground black pepper
- In a small saucepan, heat the water and dissolve the fish stock cube. Set aside.
- In a skillet, sauté the onion and garlic in oil. Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes. Stir in the mustard, reserved fish stock, and white wine. Add the mushrooms and cook 10 minutes. Stir in the cilantro.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a baking dish.
- Spread a little of the sauce on the bottom of the baking dish. Layer the fish on top of the sauce, then cover with the remaining sauce. Melt the butter and pour over the fish.
- Bake until the fish flakes easily and the sauce has thickened a little, about 20 minutes.