This is an easy appetizer or snack recipe popular in the Philippines.
Cream Cheese Wontons
Time to Make
- 10 minutes preparation
- 15 minutes cook time
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 50 wonton wrappers
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Cream the cream cheese until soft and cream. Blend in the egg yolk and curry powder.
- Lay flat a wonton wrapper and place 1/2 teaspoon of the cream cheese in the center and fold over wonton style. For step-by-step instructions (with photos) go here.
- Place wontons on a cornstarch dusted cookie sheet. Try to work quickly because if the wontons sit at room temperature they could become soggy and sticky (refrigerate if you need practice folding).
- Deep fry the wontons in 350 degree F oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Serve plain or with a sweet and sour dipping sauce or sweet chili sauce.