This is an easy to make and healthy snack food. Fava beans are a very large bean that resembles lima beans. They are also sometimes called broad beans. This recipe is for a spicy seasoning. You could also do a little cinnamon and sugar or your favorite spice blend. I would first sprinkle a little salt and then your spice blend.
Dried Fava Beans
4 as a snack
Time to Make
- Soak the beans overnight
- Cooking takes 10 to 15 minutes
- 1 16-ounce bag dried fava beans
- 2/3 cup oil
- garlic powder
- cayenne pepper
- Rinse and pick over the fava beans then place them in a bowl with enough water to cover by at least half an inch. Leave on the counter overnight.
- By the morning the beans should have split apart. Pick apart any that have not split with your fingers. Rinse and lay them on a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium high heat. Place half of the beans in the oil. Once they begin to brown, remove with a slotted spoon to paper toweling to drain oil. Repeat with the remaining beans.
- Once the beans are all cooked, sprinkle lightly with salt, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. When they cool off they will become crispy.