This Filipino potato salad is very healthy because the dressing is a vinaigrette rather than mayonnaise based. It also has lots of fresh vegetables. It can be served warm or cold.
Potato Salad with Cilantro Dressing
4-6 side dishes
Time to Make
- 15 minutes to prepare
- cook time 5-10 minutes
4 potatoes, peeled and diced
1/2 cucumber, diced
1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup spring onions, chopped or green onions, chopped
1/4 cup red onion, chopped
3/4 cup tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until cooked through, about 5 to 10 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes. Drain.
- Whisk together the ingredients or place in a glass jar with a tight fitting lid and give it a good shake to combine. Pour over the warm potatoes. Add the cucumber, bell pepper, onions, and tomatoes and toss to combine.