This is the simplest of curries. Very quick and easy.
Thai Green Chicken Curry
Time to Make
- 15 minutes preparation
- 10 minutes to cook
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sliced shallots (about 5 large)
- 1 3/4 teaspoons Thai green curry paste
- 1 14-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce (such as nam pla or nuoc nam)
- 1 pound skinless boneless chicken breast halves, cut into thin strips
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil plus sprigs for garnish
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice plus wedges for garnish
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and curry paste, stirring until the shallots are softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in the coconut milk and fish sauce. Bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken and bell pepper and cook until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in chopped basil and lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the curry among serving bowls. Garnish with fresh basil sprigs and lime wedges.