This is as plain and straightforward as a curry can get. It’s a good recipe to try to see if you do, in fact, like curry.
Thai Chicken Curry
Time to Make
- 15 minutes of preparation
- 30 minutes to cook
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 4-ounce jar yellow curry paste
- 3/4 pound carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch thick rounds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 pound Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3), peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 15-ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- chopped fresh basil and cilantro for garnish
- In a large heavy pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add the curry paste and cook, while stirring, about a minute. Stir in the carrots, onion, and bell pepper. Cook until the onion is starts to soften and become translucent, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the potatoes, chicken, coconut milk, and 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through and the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Divide the curry among serving bowls and sprinkle with herbs.