Serve with thick slices of crusty bread.
Greek-Style Garlicky Shrimp with Feta
- Servings: 6
- Time: 15 minutes prep, 20 minutes to cook
- Difficulty: Easy
- 3 pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined, tails intact
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cups crumbled feta cheese (about 10 ounces)
- In a large, covered pot or Dutch oven, chop the butter and scatter in the bottom of the pot. Arrange half the shrimp over the butter. Scatter half the garlic, half the parsley, half the chili powder, and season with half the salt.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil, then arrange the remaining shrimp in the pot, scatter the remaining garlic, parsley, chili powder, and salt. Drizzle with 2 more tablespoons of oil.
- Cover the pot and cook over medium high heat until the shrimps take on some color, about 8 minutes (not necessarily cooked through). Pour in the lemon juice and scatter with the feta cheese. Spoon some of the sauce over the shrimp.
- Turn the heat down to medium low, cover, and cook until the feta melts and the shrimp is cooked through, another 8 minutes. Serve hot.