Phalay is a small flatbread.
Phalay (Tibetan Bread)
Posted by threeovens.
- 4-5 cups wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- lukewarm water
- Combine the dry ingredients (except the sesame seeds). Knead in enough water to form a slightly wet dough. You should knead the dough at least 10 minutes by hand.
- Place dough in a ziploc baggie or large covered container and let rest overnight. Make sure it has room to expand.
- The next morning, preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Remove the dough from its container and knead it a few minutes. Form the dough into small 4-inch discs about 1/2-inch thick. Brush tops with a small amount of water and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 15 minutes.