This is an easy, strained yogurt dessert. You can also stir in or serve with fruits such as mango, orange, banana, or lychee. You do need to plan ahead because the yogurt needs to be strained at least 5 hours. I find overnight in the refrigerator to be the most convenient.
Sikami (Nepalese Yogurt Pudding)
Posted by threeovens.
- 4 cups plain yogurt (Greek or regular, still needs to be strained)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (or equivalent sweetener)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced pistachios
- 1 pinch saffron
- Once the yogurt has been strained it will nearly have the consistency of cream cheese. Place the yogurt in a mixing bowl and combine with the sugar, or other sweetener, until dissolved.
- Stir in the cinnamon and cardamom.
- Place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- To serve: Garnish with sliced almonds and pistachio and a sprinkling of saffron.