This is what my grandmother used to call “cut fries.” She made them often because we loved them so.
Welsh Five Minute Potatoes
Posted by threeovens.
- 20 small white potatoes
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup chicken stock, preferably homemade
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- fresh ground black pepper
- Slice the potatoes, crosswise, into thin rounds and place in a bowl of water to prevent browning.
- In a large skillet, brown the bacon over medium heat. Once the fat has rendered, remove and set aside.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the skillet, along with the stock and onions. Simmer about 8 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
- Season with salt and pepper. Place the bacon on top to reheat. Serve.