Conserves are similar to preserves, but they can be made with dried fruit and nuts and are much more forgiving in texture.
Pear and Cranberry Conserve
Posted by threeovens.
- 2 large, firm, ripe pears such as bartlett or bosc
- 5 ounces cranberries
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons shredded orange peel
- small pinch ground cinnamon
- small pinch ground allspice
- Peel, core, and chop pears. Combine the pears in a heavy pot with the cranberries, sugar, water, lemon juice, orange peel, cinnamon, and allspice. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, stirring until the sugar is dissolved.
- Simmer until thickened and the mixture sheets off the back of a metal spoon (as opposed to drips off), about 20 minutes.