What could be better? Cheesy pork chops and French fri…er…skinny fries? These fries are cooked in the oven rather than deep fried.
Chunky Pork Chops with Rarebit Topping and Skinny Fries
- 4 thick chunky pork chops
- 1 whole garlic bulb, cut in half
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 2 large potatoes, cut into thin strips (shoestrings)
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 5 tablespoons beer
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the chops, garlic, and sage in a large baking pan. Drizzle with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and turn ingredients so that the oil and seasoning distributes evenly. Arrange in a single layer.
- Place the potato on a parchment lined tray and drizzle with oil. Arrange the fries in a single layer also.
- Bake the chops until cooked through and golden, about 40 minutes. Place the fries in the oven also, but remove them once they are crisp and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine the rarebit ingredients. During the last 5-10 minutes of cooking, spoon the rarebit onto the chops to melt.
- Serve the pork chops with the fries that can be dipped into the melted rarebit.