This dish goes well with sautéed spinach and potatoes.
Welsh Pork Steaks with Creamy Pepper & Mushroom Sauce
- 2 lean pork loin steaks
- 1 teaspoon mixed peppercorns, crushed
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 ounces mixed mushrooms
- 5 tablespoons crème fraîche
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, roughly torn
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, roughly torn
- In a mortar and pestle, crush the peppercorns. Coat the chops with the crushed peppercorns.
- Heat a large skillet over medium high heat and brown the steaks on both sides for about 2-4 minutes. Add the garlic and mushrooms and continue cooking for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in the crème fraiche, basil, and dill. Heat gently for another 1 to 2 minutes. Serve.