This is made from chicken legs that are cooked with red peppers.
Salvadoran Stewed Chicken
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 pounds chicken legs, or any other part you prefer
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 large red bell peppers, deveined and deseeded, cut in thick strips
- 2 pounds chopped Roma tomatoes
- 12 Spanish olives stuffed with minced pimiento
- 1 sprig of fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of water
- 2 teaspoons granulated chicken bouillon
- freshly ground black pepper
In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium high heat. Add all the ingredients. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium. Cook about 30 minutes, stirring a few times to prevent sticking.
Taste and adjust seasoning before serving.