Grilled Salmon with Charred Leek
- 2/3 pound salmon fillet
- 4 tablespoons green kale or watercress juice
- 2 tablespoons creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1-2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 large leeks (green part only)
- black onion seeds
- brown mustard seeds
- freshly ground black pepper
In a bowl, combine kale juice with creme fraiche, onion, and dill. Set aside.
Prepare the grill or a grill pan if making indoors. Brush the salmon with honey and tarragon vinegar. Grill the salmon on top of the green part of the leek for about 12 minutes. The leek serves to protect the salmon and will char. Place the salmon on serving plates.
Crush the charred leek, black onion seeds, brown mustard seeds, and pepper in a mortar and pestle. Season the salmon fillet with the mixture and serve with the green kale dressing.