Chicken Stew (Doro Tibs Wot)
Posted by threeovens.
This is an Ethiopian chicken stew made with red wine, jalapenos, and berbere.
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tablespoon berbere
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and sliced
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they just begin to brown, then add the oil. Season with the berbere and cook and stir a couple of minutes.
- Add the wine and reduce. One the wine has mostly cooked off, stir in the chicken and cook a couple of minutes.
- Slowly add the water and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low and add the jalapenos.
- Simmer until the liquid is almost cooked off and a thick red sauce has developed, about 15 to 20 minutes.